Shaving pubic hair is always a great way to ensure that you stay cool and fresh all the time. It is also a good way to take care of yourself, so that you don’t have to smell due to sweat. You don’t need to have any appointments for anyone to come and shave you. But on the contrary, it is going to be a bad experience for you if you don’t do it in the right manner. This is because you might end up with ingrown hairs, razor burns, irritation of the skin and bumps. Here are the safest steps that you can take when you want to have a perfect shave.
1. Make a decision as to how you want your pubic hair to look
- You shave it all. Most people don’t like to shave all their hair off because they fear health hazards. But I have to promise you that there are no health risks at all.
- What is required of you is to do it hygienically. That is, you need to use a razor that is clean and new. After shaving, you use an anti-septic. Always use caution so that you don’t cut yourself because that is always painful.
- You can also decide to use a stencil. This is an easy task. Take a stencil that has a symbol on it, like a heart. Then you are going to shave around it so that you leave a section of hair around your pubic region.
- Another popular design is to create a landing strip. A landing strip is a fine line that extends up, right from your labial towards your belly button. It’s up to you to decide how wide or narrow you want the strip to be.
2. Trim your pubic hair
- Before you get into the shower, you need to cut your hair down to around 6mm. Take good care of your trimming razor because if it is mishandled, then the cut won’t be as good as you want it to be. Nice trimming can be achieved through the following ways.
- You can trim efficiently by pulling the hair outwards in a gentle manner so that you are able to cut in small sections. Never mind if it is not even because your primary goal is ensuring that it is short.
- There are those that get the jeebies when they use razors. If that is you then you have the option of using an electric trimmer. But make the right choice of a trimmer that doesn’t have rotating heads.
3. Ensure that your hair is soft
- Taking a shower will help in achieving this. There are several ways to take a shower according to what you have at hand.
- Those that have a tub can go ahead and soak themselves in it for a little while before you go to the shower to shave. There is an advantage in doing this as the follicles will get soft and make the hair easier to shave.
- Remember, there is a vital rule here. If you want to shave off an area, it is always good to ensure that you clean it first. This will help safeguard against skin irritations later due to exposed skin.
4. Make sure you exfoliate
- Most people will advise you to lather, shave then exfoliate. Disregard this order if you want to be a pro, and do the following. Exfoliate before and after shaving. This is important because your hairs will all be aligned in one direction. This means that your razor job is going to be easier.
- Exfoliating will also remove that dead and extra skin. That will give your razor an opportunity to get even closer to the root of your hair.
5. Wet the pubic area with warm water and gel for shaving over it
- You will get red, bumpy skin and make and bad mess if you don’t use shaving gel and I know that you don’t want that. Ensure that you also use a transparent gel so that you will be able to view your shaving area as you are doing it.
6. Wet your new razors to be ready for shaving
- It is good to remember that if you have more razors, the better it is going to be for you. The fewer razors you have means that you will need to go over the shaving area as many times as possible. That can be a hefty task because you have to re-use your cream now and again.
- If you take good care of your razor, you can re-use it. You do this by ensuring that it is washed once you are done. Then wipe it dry. Leaving it wet will mean that you are inviting water to corrode and erode the sharpness of the blades. That will weaken them over time.
7. Shaving Tips
- Shave with long strokes and along the direction of your hair growth. This is important as it will ensure that your hair is cut down and no sharp points will be left behind.
- Ensure that you put your hand over your mon pubis to stretch the skin so that it becomes smooth for shaving.
- Let the shaver do the work; don’t press down, you might overdo it and cut the skin.
- Ensure that the number of passes the razor does are low because every pass means that skin surface will be removed.
- For thick and curly hair, use an electric razor to trim it before you use a hand razor.
- If your razor becomes clogged, rinse it. In fact, rinse it frequently to keep it form clogging up.
Get yourself in the mood by shaving hair well. Always ensure that safety is the top priority as you shave hair. That means don’t use substances that are going to be harmful to the shaven area. It is going to make you uncomfortable for a long time if you do that. With the above information, then I know that you are ready to go in there and come out clean.