There are all sorts of reasons that hand strength might need to be measured. From athletes to job applicants to rehabilitation, testing hand grip strength may be necessary to perform optimally, qualify for a job and regain function. Handheld Dynamometers are tools which can be used for measuring maximum isometric strength of the hand and forearm muscles.
When it comes to measuring hand strength, accuracy is key. There are a lot of different hand dynamometers available on the market for measuring hand grip strength. Accuracy of results relies on the quality of the device and adherence to testing measures by the tester themselves. Since testers may change, it’s important to invest in a hand dynamometer that is reliably accurate. The MicroFET 2 Handheld Dynamometer is a device I highly recommend when you need to accurately measure hand grip strength.
The Best Features of the MicroFET 2 Handheld Dynamometer
1. Convenient to use: The MicroFET 2 can go wireless which is really important in our clinic.
2. Great design: It’s compact and ergonomic design is great for ease of use and storage.
3. Accurate Results: The MicroFET 2 comes with attachments that help isolate particular muscles increasing accurate test results.
4. Easy to Read: The new brightness control added to the LED display makes it easy to read
5. Great software: The users friendly clinical software makes it easy to collect, organize, and analyze patient muscle test readings.
There have been studies that show hand grip strength test results can sometimes be inaccurate due to a non-adherence to testing protocols. But whether trying to improve athletic performance, get a job or create and track a rehabilitation plan/progress, these inaccuracies can have a hugely negative impact. That’s why it’s so important to invest in a reliable device that can perform well and is easy to use across a diverse set of users.
The MicroFET 2 Handheld Dynamometer is one of the best out there and can be used in a variety of settings.
· Physical & Occupational Therapists
· Professional Sports Trainers
· Professional Service Industries: Police, Fire, Emergency
In a physical therapy setting, there is an hour to test and treat within a normal session. It’s vital to have tools that are not only easy to use, but that can record results for future reference. As a bonus best feature, the software included in the MicroFET 2 can analyze the results of patient tests and provide comparison statistics. In all the examples I referenced, accurate results are essential when testing for hand grip strength. The MicroFET 2 and its excellent features make it the go-to when there’s a need to test hand grip strength.